Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing X,Y shifted when attached as reference

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kkuecker-traffic
462 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing X,Y shifted when attached as reference

I have a drawing when attached into another drawing, the coordinates have an exact 500,000 shift in the X value and an exact 200,000 shift in the Y value.  Directely in the drawing, the coords are correct.  They just won't attach correctly.

What could cause this?

I can tell that this drawing was not created with the dwt we use (it is missing certain styles) - I wonder if the dwt could be to blame.

Also, I have been trying to figure the Map functions out with no guidance, I wonder if I somehow changed the attach settings to cause the shift.

-Katy

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012

Windows 7

64 bit

Intel Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30 GHz
8.00 GB
64-bit
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: kkuecker-traffic

A possibly cause:

Open the Xref drawing and type INSBASE. That is the point that gets placed at the insertion point you specify when you xref this into the other drawing.

So, if insbase in this drawing is 5000, 2000 and in the other drawing you xref this in and specify 0,0 as the insertion point, 5000,2000 get put at 0,0.

Easy to rectify. Just set insbase to 0,0 in the xref drawing.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4

More than likely you are too far away from the origin point.  Do your coordinates at the bottom left of your screen happen to have a "+" symbol in them?

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 4

The INSBASE command did the trick.

I went to the creator of the drawing and they used the WBLOCK command to get the drawing and made the 500,000 , 200,000 as the insertion point of the drawing without realizing it.

We just chaged the drawing to be 0,0,0 and it seems to be working just fine now!

Thanks!!

-Katy

Intel Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30 GHz
8.00 GB
64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report