Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Template Settings and Plan Production

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
466 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing Template Settings and Plan Production

First, thank you to all who reply to posts. The help is greatly appreciated.

Could someone help me to understand about how to apply drawing template styles to production layouts when setting up productions with the view frames and sheet wizards? I have a drawing template for plan and profile views, and when I create my layouts using the wizards, some settings come in (such as the viewport locations and scale), and other settings do not come in (such as the match line and label styles). I would like to be able to use the same template on many different drawing file alignments to achieve consistent formatting between each production plot. I understand that the method may involve which layers features are on. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

can you be a little more specific?

Joe

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have set up a drawing template file (dwt) with a layout that includes all of the settings that I would like to see applied to the final production sheets. These settings include the drawing scale (like 1"=20'), the viewport locations, the title block, the match line styles and the profile view style labels. I am creating production sheets in the same file as the drawing. Some settings from the dwt are applied to the drawing. These include the scale, viewport locations and title block. Some settings must be set in the original drawing. These include the match line and profile view label styles. My goal is to be able to specify ALL of the settings in the dwt (not the source drawing file). I may be answering my question as I write it, though. I will check to see if I produce the prints to another dwg (instead of in the same file as the source drawing), maybe the template settings will be kept. If this works, I will have to learn how to update the productions when the original drawing is modified.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report