Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Settings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
csoffice
117 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing Settings

I am currently evaluating Civil and Map 3D for possible upgrade from Map 5. I have no problems with surface creation other than I cannot set metric values for contour intervals. Surface values display on screen in imperial but contours export to metric values. I have my Drawing Settings set to metric and a scale of 1:1000.
Any suggestions gratefully received so that I can push for upgrade.

Neil C
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: csoffice

"csoffice" wrote in message news:27228634.1100601865772.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am currently evaluating Civil and Map 3D for possible upgrade from Map 5. I have no problems with surface creation other than I cannot set metric values for contour intervals. Surface values display on screen in imperial but contours export to metric values. I have my Drawing Settings set to metric and a scale of 1:1000. > Any suggestions gratefully received so that I can push for upgrade. > > Neil C when you say surface values, are you talking about the tool tip floaters that pop up? Or.. are you talking about contour labels that you create etc etc. If it's the tool tip values, then do the following: in prospector, click the settings tab, then right click on the drawing name>Edit Drawing Settings>Ambient Settings>follow down to the elevation settings and make sure it is set to meters and not foot. If it's the labels and etc.. then you may want to look at your label definitions and make sure they are referencing meter's instead of feet.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: csoffice

Neil, I suspect you have created your dwg with "acad.dwt" (Most Autodesk products default template) or any other imperial dwts. If you are metric user or intend to use metric data you should make your default template as either "acadiso.dwt" or "_Autodesk Civil 3D Metric templates" to have right settings at all feature levels. If so then by changing drawing units (in Units and Scale tab of Edit Drawing Settings) from feet to metric wouldn't change your feature level "linear units" setting. Invoke your "Edit Drawing Setting"dialog again and go to "Ambient Settings" tab. In this tab expand Linear, Elevation, Coordinates, Area, Volumes and Station nodes (click on + button) and change the units appropriately. This would change your settings to the metric for all features. Hope this resolves your issue Chakri "csoffice" wrote in message news:27228634.1100601865772.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am currently evaluating Civil and Map 3D for possible upgrade from Map 5. I have no problems with surface creation other than I cannot set metric values for contour intervals. Surface values display on screen in imperial but contours export to metric values. I have my Drawing Settings set to metric and a scale of 1:1000. > Any suggestions gratefully received so that I can push for upgrade. > > Neil C

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report