Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Format 2012 to 2011 compatability

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lsssurvey
584 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing Format 2012 to 2011 compatability

What is the best way to send my files prepared in Civil3D 2012 to a client using Civil3d 2011? The points in 2012 are different from 2011, so they are not able to use the points in the drawing, even though they are both 2010 format.

Tom

Tom
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
OMCUSNR
in reply to: lsssurvey

There is no best way - in fact there is very little way at all if they want to use it for further design work.

The ONLY way to get C3d items almost, sorta, maybe backwards to a previous version is to use XML.  Then export the 2012 line work bact to 2011.  At that point, depending on what's been done, it shouldn't be too painful for them to recreate the C3d work.

For the near tearm, probably the best way to handle this is in the contract phase with the client.  Find out who all the subs / players are going to be, pick a common year release and stick with that throughout the entire project.

Good luck,

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 3 of 4
neilyj666
in reply to: OMCUSNR

Yes - those cunning folks at Autode$k wanting to get us to part with our cash annually.

The base 2010 dwg format is indeed common throughout the 2010-2012 releases (kinda) but the Civil objects are not and next year we are due a revised dwg format too.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 4
lsssurvey
in reply to: OMCUSNR

Thanks. The response is what I expected. I think I'll just send the client a csv point file and he can re-import his own points.

Tom

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report