Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing 3d Polylines from points not working...

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
PLS22395
2070 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing 3d Polylines from points not working...

I have points in a 2012 C3D drawing and I am looking to draw 3d polylines from point to point.  Ultimately I am wanting to generate breaklines for a surface from a topo.  I was able to do this a few months ago and now no matter what I try nothing seems to work.  When use the 3P command the Z Vertex is 0.  All of the points in the drawing have elevations. I tried drawing a feature line however, the beginning elevation is saying 0.  Its as if these lines do not recognize my points as having elevations.  If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated... 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
NathanBee
in reply to: PLS22395

Check your OSNAPZ value.

0 = Osnap uses the Z-value of the specified point

1 = Osnap substitutes the Z-value of the specified point with the elevation (ELEV) set for the current UCS

Message 3 of 7
mathewkol
in reply to: PLS22395

Have you checked the point style that is applied to those points to see if the Z is being flattened?
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 7
PLS22395
in reply to: mathewkol

Thats exactly what it was, Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
elaine3051
in reply to: mathewkol

Mark where do you check that? I cannot find the z setting. is it in commands under point style settings????
Message 6 of 7
PLS22395
in reply to: elaine3051

Yes it is, click on any point, right click go to point group settings, pull the tab down right of the style, click edit current, go to the 3d geometry then you can select to flatten points to an elevation or use the point elevation. 

Message 7 of 7
troma
in reply to: elaine3051

In other words, not commands, but the point style itself.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report