Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing 1 close automatically after open dwg?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
randcdavidson
3048 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing 1 close automatically after open dwg?

After starting C3D 2012 dwg 1 opens. If I opena an existing drawing drawing 1 fails to close. I have to manually close it. In 2011 it would automatically close. I'm guessing its a setting somewhere?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: randcdavidson

It's a setvar, but I cannot remember which one.  Perhaps sinc will come along, I think he started this after R2012 came on line.

Bill

Message 3 of 7
Sinc

I don't have 2012 on this machine yet, so I can't check it.

But typically, Drawing1.dwg will only close automatically if no changes are made.  This probably includes something as simple as a zoom.

More often, people have stuff in their acad.lsp or acaddoc.lsp that will do something, having the same effect.  It's actually been years since I've had Drawing1.dwg close automatically for me, and I'm not precisely sure which element(s) of my startup suite have been responsible.  I just know I want my startup suite, so I've grown used to Drawing1 sticking around.

As a workaround, I actually have STARTUP = 1.  I like this better, although it introuduces/exposes even more bugs.  All in all, I like STARTUP = 1 better than STARTUP = 0, though.

C3D 2012 introduced STARTUP = 2, which is exactly what I wanted.  Unfortunately, it's broken (at least in C3D - not sure about Vanilla Autocad) and randomly causes your screen to turn into an unusable mess during startup.

Sinc
Message 4 of 7

I don't touch it when it opens so no zoom or anything. I go to open an existing dwg and dwg 1 remains open. Like I stated when using 2011 it would automatically close.

Message 5 of 7
Sinc

The latest version of the Sincpac-C3D added an ability to display coordinates of Cogo Points in multiple coordinate systems simultaneously...  It occurs to me that this feature might write something into the drawing as it is opened.  That might be what's causing the issue.  If so, you should also be seeing it now in 2011.

Sinc
Message 6 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: Sinc

Richard:

I thought you started this same situation about 2 months ago.  I finally remembered, it is the STARTUP.  You have options of 0,1,2

I have mine set for 2 and I think this may be the answer.

Bill

Message 7 of 7
randcdavidson
in reply to: wfberry

STARTUP set to 2 open no dwg at all. That will work for me. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report