Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drainage Structure Table

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Joe-Bouza
1053 Views, 9 Replies

Drainage Structure Table

I am trying to duplicate a structure table for a client and they like to have the following matrix with the associated size. I thought I could write a few expressions to filter out the various sizes thusly as an example

IF({Pipe Inner Diameter or Width}>1.5,-1,{Pipe Inner Diameter or Width}) I would then supress the negative values from displaying. There are two problems. I started with an OOTB structure and pipe table.

1. when I set the cell to contain structure outflow pipes, the data properties appears to up date but then reverts to the default "structure text" (yes I pressed the arrow =>

2. when in the style composer the parameter list does not list the newly create expressions

This seems like it should be doable. where am I wrong?

table_002.png

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
sirjoelsph
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe,

I was able to get this idea to work for structure diameter in a structure table or pipe diameter in a pipe table, but not a pipe diameter in a structure table like you're going for.  I've seen a lot of complaints about the two not working back and forth with each other.  Let's gang up and get them to finally let us do this kind of thing!

You might be able to get closer to what you're looking for using a pipe table and use pipe start station, pipe start offset, and pipe start structure for your first few columns.

-JOEL
Message 3 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: sirjoelsph

Thanks Joel, I came upon that too and though ok I'll use two tables and wouldn't you know it they don't line up! What the F#$@?

TABLE_001.png

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
sirjoelsph

I've tried something like that before too Joe.  It's your inches sign under size and foot sign under length that make the rows taller.  Parenthesis have the same effect.  Maybe add a foot sign under offset?

-JOEL
Message 5 of 10
Joe-Bouza

Hi Joel

Thanks. that was a good observation.

Adding the foot tic makes it better but still not a perfect match? The further down the table to mismatch get worse.

table02.png

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
jmayo-EE

Gotta get the inch character in there as well. No size in the first table.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Rats!

but good call. I took the size col out because it would be redundant anyway. Still off?

table03.png

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
Joe-Bouza

Finally got it. the titles had different fonts

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
jmayo-EE

In my best Bill & Ted, 'Excellent!"

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Next Challenge: The next part of the table continues with columns for county structure type, and the rows report the structure depth. Again I created expressions for each type. I cannot find away to read the description in the expression builder so I am reading the insideStructerWidth and length.

So I have structures A,B,C and X all with different dimensions LXW 48x30, 48x48, 72x48 and 96x48. I wrote an expression for each and used the expression in the corresponding column, True shows RimToSump and False shows-1, then I hide negative values.

in pseudo code I wrote, for example: If( L=4 and W=4,RimToSump, -1), and all my type B 48x48 are blank,. Is my logic correct?

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report