Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragged state labels in xref

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
randyspear6624
1334 Views, 8 Replies

Dragged state labels in xref

I have an alignment label that uses "dot blank" in the dragged state. In the drawings that the alignment is xreffed into, the leader converts to "closed filled".

Why? How do i fix it?

C3D 2008
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: randyspear6624

Do both drawings have the same Label Style?

Bill

wrote in message news:6251259@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have an alignment label that uses "dot blank" in the dragged state. In the
drawings that the alignment is xreffed into, the leader converts to "closed
filled".

Why? How do i fix it?

C3D 2008
Message 3 of 9

They didn't initially because i didn't think i needed the style in my sheet drawing since it was only xreffing not dreffing the alignment drawing. However, I brought the correct style in and after a regenall, nothing changed.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I would also cross my fingers & reload the xref.

John

--
John Mayo, PE

Core i7 920 6GB DDR3
Radeon 4870HD 1 GB
Vista64
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I have a user that is having this same problem with a pipe label. I even tried taking the X-ref drawing, doing a Save-As, deleting everything then refencing the reference back in. STILL the same problem. GRRR.
Message 6 of 9
rharries

Has a solution to this annoying little problem been discovered?
Message 7 of 9
demus72

I just ran into this problem today. I have a point label style set up that doesn't use an arrow head in my master drawing. When this drawing is xreffed into my sheet, arrowheads show up. I did copy the label style into my sheet but the arrowheads remain. Are there any updates on this issue? I am using C3D 2010.

Thanks

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I can confirm that this bug still exists in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012.

It would seam like and easy one to fix Autodesk, come on...It is really inconvenient.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: demus72

Here is a little work around.

1.  Go in into your "Edit Label Styles", then select "Dragged State" setting and change the visibility of the line to "FALSE".   This will give you the text but no leader.

2.  Go to the profile and add a leader or polyline with your settings to the dragged text.

This will work even if you change the profile.  Then text will update.  You just need to change the end of the leader.

Hope this works for you until autodesk fixes the BUG.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report