Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragged state - flow arrows disappear

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
BMcAnney
2001 Views, 10 Replies

Dragged state - flow arrows disappear

When I change pipe labels to a dragged state, the flow arrows disappear - is there a way to maintain them?

Thanks,
Brent McAnney
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Have you tried changein the dragged state from Stacked to As Composed?

Christopher
http://civil-3d.blogspot.com/
Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 3 of 11
tyronebk
in reply to: BMcAnney

> When I change pipe labels to a dragged state, the flow arrows disappear - is there a way to maintain them?

Two options:
1) Change the dragged state to 'As Composed' (you probably will want to turn the leader visiblity to false)
2) Create two label styles: One with only the arrow which you won't drag, one with the text which you can drag around
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Don't get me wrong I love the product.... but come on Autodesk developers.

Why does this have to be so difficult, and on something so simple as labels.
Already I have workarounds to label my start and end inverts to display along my pipe.
So I have
1. pipe size label, lenght and slope
2. start invert
3. end invert
and now I will have a style just so I can show a flow arrow, because if I show a flow arrow with any of the above three styles, in the drag state I will loose the flow arrow. Worse yet this 4th label style that is just to show the flow arrow will not display correctly if I have a pipe that curves, why, because the flow arrow goes from BC to EC and not along the curve.

There I vented..... feels better. Thanks for putting up with my ranting.
Message 5 of 11
Iaind867
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCad is designed to be difficult. Casuses cancer. 

Message 6 of 11
Iaind867
in reply to: Iaind867

Right now i'm battling the tail of the arrow. I would like it to disappear as it covers the entire length of the pipe, thus covering the pipe's line type. I'll probably just explode an arrow, delete the tail, copy and paste the head at each storm MH. Thanks Autocad.

Message 7 of 11
david.zavislan

Create your own tailless arrow block and add it to your label style.   Anchor it to the flow direction arrow to control the direction it is pointing.  You may also need to rotate it 180 degrees, depending on the direction your block is pointing.  Finish the style by changing the flow direction arrow component visibility to False.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 8 of 11
alex
in reply to: david.zavislan

some of the recommended solutions here act as though more than one style can be applied to any pipe or structure how do i accomplish this?

Message 9 of 11
BrianHailey
in reply to: alex

You can place multiple labels on a pipe, one in a dragged state that displays the data and one in a not dragged state that displays the arrow.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 10 of 11
Joe-Bouza

Two labels

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Right click the label style and toggle the leader tail off.

I know this is an old post but didn't see a reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report