Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Click to Edit Text Doesn't Work

38 REPLIES 38
Message 1 of 39
southpawj05
27555 Views, 38 Replies

Double Click to Edit Text Doesn't Work

Everytime I double click on single line text it brings up the properties. I have searched online and made the changes to certain toggle settings and still nothing. I'm not doing something right I just can't figure it out. I know "DDEDIT" can do the trick. But, I know double clicking has worked on previous version and I want it to work on my 2013 version. It's now become a personal mission of mine to fix. It just annoying. Smiley Frustrated

38 REPLIES 38
Message 21 of 39
kcs715
in reply to: southpawj05

Hi, 

I just had this problem. Your pickfirst is probably set to 0. If you set it to 1 then doubleclick, it should allow yopu to edit the text without having to use the ddedit command. 

Hope this helps. 

Message 22 of 39
Commandboy
in reply to: kcs715

Hey,

Try changing your qaflags to 0.

Hope that helps!

James

Message 23 of 39
Commandboy

Hey,

Try changing your qaflags to 0.

Hope this helps!

James

Message 24 of 39
juanmagmen

In my case when I double click it change FONT to default and somehow I didn't have that font loaded, you can check this if you change text to mtext (TXT2MTXT), there's a "preview", on the ribbon, that it won't show, because you are missing that font, the way you can fix it is going to options (OP), add the path where your fonts are store, this is on the tab "files", and "Support File Search Path", press "Add" button, and press button "Browse" to add that path, or simply change the font on that specific "Font style" type the command "Style" and change it, hope it helps....

Tags (1)
Message 25 of 39
Mattselman
in reply to: humdec

Perfect. Cheers.
Message 26 of 39
JayBird73

Try this

Go to Options > Selection Tab > Noun/Verb Selection - must be checked

Message 27 of 39
Meg2Basham

AutoCAD had this which worked for me:

Enable Noun/Verb Selection. To turn this setting on, do one of the following:

• In the Options dialog box, click the Selection tab and select the Noun/Verb Selection checkbox.
  • Set the PICKFIRST variable to 1 on the command line.
Message 28 of 39
jpf463775
in reply to: McCrudden

Great! This works
Message 29 of 39
johnthoreson
in reply to: McCrudden

Setting PICKFIRST to 1 solved my problem.  

No idea how it was set to 0.

Message 30 of 39
Mike.Donoho

Just want to say thanks to everyone that helps on this forum. I always search first and find the answer to almost any issue.

Message 31 of 39
AdamCamacho

Your pickfirst command got set back to "0" or off.  Set it back to "1" or on.

Message 32 of 39
pdrenth
in reply to: AdamCamacho

This is occurring for me as well, and I have checked all of the aforementioned settings as discussed in this thread. 

It's worth adding that my right click customization settings have been reset to default every time I've opened CAD for the last few days. This happens occasionally when I experience a "fatal error" crash, but when this happened in the past, the only after-effect was that my auto save would get turned off. All other custom settings were retained.

I'm going to back up my work to an external HDD and do a system restore on the computer to see if that helps. Not an option for most, but I think (hope) that it works for me.

Message 33 of 39
asieczak

"Somehow my PICKFIRST variable changed. The PICKFIRST variable allows you to select objects, then start a command and apply to those objects. If PICKFIRST is off (set to 0), you have to start the command first then pick the object. SettingPICKFIRST to 1 or enabling it gets you back to the behavior where you can select the object then launch the command (double-click). "

copied from http://cadprotips.com/2013/10/13/oh-no-i-cant-double-click-edit/

it worked for me 🙂

@southpawj05 wrote:

Everytime I double click on single line text it brings up the properties. I have searched online and made the changes to certain toggle settings and still nothing. I'm not doing something right I just can't figure it out. I know "DDEDIT" can do the trick. But, I know double clicking has worked on previous version and I want it to work on my 2013 version. It's now become a personal mission of mine to fix. It just annoying. Smiley Frustrated

Message 34 of 39
eddierocketship

This last post is a year old now, but I am having the same problem for the first time. Anyone figure it out yet?

Message 35 of 39

last post a year old?  if you in fact are still having the problem, view the thread herein.

Tags (1)
Message 36 of 39
assyl04
in reply to: ParishSouthBdx

Hi Guys, 

Same problem but I found the solution now.

See the link below for instructions 🙂

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Displa...

🙂

Message 37 of 39
cornejo.jany

command entry; PICKFIRST

*change the current value to 1

Message 38 of 39
humdec
in reply to: cornejo.jany

Thanks but the issue had nothing to do Pickfirst. Autodesk support had to use a special purge method to save objects in the drawing and virtually create a new copy. The bug contaminated new drawings by simply importing by copy and paste a single line segment from an infected drawing. I was able to save the work by exporting everything to a dxf file all the objects and creating a new drawing. Luckily the smart blocks retained their properties.
Message 39 of 39
pakdelf

Try to change the pickfirst value.

check the following link.

https://cadprotips.com/2013/10/13/oh-no-i-cant-double-click-edit/

dbclk-02.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report