Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Click style labels 2013

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
randcdavidson
1067 Views, 9 Replies

Double Click style labels 2013

Using 2012 in my CUI I could set the general note label to use the double click function. When I double clicked on any label I'd get the editor box pop up. Now in 2013 for some strange reason that no longer seems to work.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: randcdavidson

Hi Robert,

I do not see any double click actions defined by default in CIVIL CUI. You may want to consider importing CUI or making edits to the current to mimic what you had in Civil 3D 2012. 

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 10
dasindog

As Matt said there aren't any of these double click actions setup in the default civil cui. I created a custom cuix file to do the same thing you want. I simply imported my 2012 cuix and it worked well in 2013 with out any changes. It seems that you modified the default cui in 2012 which is fine but I don't think it's a good practice to import that into a different version of Civil 3D.

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 4 of 10
randcdavidson
in reply to: dasindog

I have a custom CUI from 2012 that was brought over from 2011. The double click labels worked in 2011 and 2012. In 2013 they do not work however all my other double click features work. i.e. surface properties, alignment properties, pipe etc etc.

Message 5 of 10
dasindog

I would start with a new cui to see if it works then. CUI's are in general flaky for me. I have to unload/reload mine from time to time. 

When you double click the general labels what happens? Nothing or error?

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
Message 6 of 10
randcdavidson

Nothing at all. Just to be sure I'm talking general note labels inside Civil and not the standard mtext. The mtext double click works fine

Message 7 of 10

I brought a double click action for note labels from 2012 into 2013 and it worked on my machine here.

On my machine the double click action has the Object name set to AECC_GENERAL_NOTE_LABEL and the command macro set to ^C^C_AeccEditLabelText

You might want to verify these on your machine as they may have a different alias which does not work in 2013.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 8 of 10
dasindog

I've attached my cui. Maybe you could load it and see if it works any differently. That may help us track down where the problem is coming from.

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
Message 9 of 10
randcdavidson

I did a bit of testing this morning. I have noticed that if I double click on just a general note I get the editor. If I try to edit a pipe label or structure label by double clicking I get nothing. In 2012 regardless of the label type a double click would open the editor.

Message 10 of 10

You need a double click action for the pipe labels and one for the structure labels.

The pipe label double click action should have an object name of AECC_PIPE_LABEL and the structure label double click action should have an object name of AECC_STRUCTURE_LABEL.

The command to attach is the same Edit Label Text command ^C^C_AeccEditLabelText.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report