Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Contour Labels Refresh after I modified the Setting? C3D 2012

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
xgeneration
402 Views, 3 Replies

Does Contour Labels Refresh after I modified the Setting? C3D 2012

Hello, just a general question regarding contour labelling.  Does it refresh automatically after I modified the labelling setting?  My experience is no, but want to see if there is anyone with another answer.  Here is what I did, given an existing surface.  Go to Surfaces -> Add Surface Labels -> Contour-Multiple at Intervals, I gave a decent internval, labels the entire surface with a few runs.  Later on I decided to say hide the contour label lines, so I would go to Settings ->right click on Surface->Contour Labelling Defaults->set Display Contour Label Line to False, click Apply.  So this setting will affect all the contour labelling created thereafter, but does it change the contour labels that I already created?  If not, how can I change those labels?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: xgeneration

No, that setting will not effect existing labels.

To modify the existing labels, select one of them, right-click and select similar.  Or, use QSELECT to select all surface contour label groups.  Then go to your properties and change the setting for 'display contour label line' to 'false'.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
xgeneration
in reply to: troma

Thank you very much.  Another question.  Is there any way in the Surface Styles setting to automatically display the contour elevation without going through the surface labelling process?

Message 4 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: xgeneration

@xgeneration wrote:

Another question.  Is there any way in the Surface Styles setting to automatically display the contour elevation without going through the surface labelling process?

No. Surface styles will not display any text at all (with the exception of watersheds).

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report