Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does C3D 2014 do vertical transformations?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
AllenJessup
605 Views, 22 Replies

Does C3D 2014 do vertical transformations?

I have Lidar LAS files in UTM18 and need them in State Plane. Horizontally they come in fine to a drawing with the correct system set. Vertically they are still in Meters. I know a couple of workarounds. But I'm just wondering if there have been any advances in 2014.

We're still on 2012 but I'm testing 2014 I don't want to go through the whole process again if it's not going to work.

Allen Jessup

Civil 3D 2012 SP 3 / IDSP 2014 HF1
Dell Precision T7400, Xeon CPU 3.16 GHz
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit,12 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX 4600

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23

Global Mapper 14.2 does. Ive assembeled NEDs and DEMs up to 500 sq miles and exported them as a single USGS DEM.  It's not much of a mapping program but it sure does a good job of converting data formats.  It will even take the GEO PDF's and convert them to .TIF, ecw, or sid (with ER toolbox installed)

I just tried a 350meg NED took less than 30 seconds to import and export to State Plane in US Feet.

Jim

Message 22 of 23
Neilw_05
in reply to: MATRIX3DSURVEYS

Thanks for the suggestion. The time I've wasted trying to find a solution would have covered the cost.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 23 of 23
DaveDrahn
in reply to: MATRIX3DSURVEYS

Nice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report