Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document "drawing1.dwg" has a command in progress

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
neilyj666
6523 Views, 7 Replies

Document "drawing1.dwg" has a command in progress

Just got the above message and can't do anything with the drawing - had a quick google but nothing helpful has turned up (mainly posts from 2008 and earlier)

I have never had this message ever before so am a little mystified/concerned that I could potentially lose drawing modifications. I can't quit/save or anything else and Ctrl-Alt-Del seems my only way out

Thanks

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: neilyj666

I often get this when selecting a window in the plot dialogue.

Not sure why it occours but sometimes you can free it up by opening windows explorer and double click opening a drawing file, sometimes a sneaky click on the save or new file icon on the toolbar also resets it.

Othertimes as you have found a Kill process is required.

M

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 8
wfberry

Neil:

Just to add what Mike related.  About 3 days ago I had this (AGAIN) and tried a few things such as SAVEASA, which had worked before but not this time.  I was pretty shocked when I used the dropdown menu File -> Open and opened a different file.  Then I closed the newly opened file and it worked just fine.

There does not appear to be a one ONLY fix.

Bill

Message 4 of 8
sboon
in reply to: wfberry

I get the issue while trying to select a plot window fairly often.  Hitting the Esc key many times will always get me out of the loop eventually - sometimes I have to hold it down and wait a bit for it to interrupt whatever is going on.

I see the problem Neil described less often but it does happen.  I've found that using the Windows X in the upper right corner of the screen will always get me out of that loop, and it always asks if I want to save before exiting.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 8
troma

Isn't this a 'known issue'?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014/command-in-progress-error-in-plot-window/td-p/353583...

http://www.blog.cadnauseam.com/2012/11/14/how-to-break-civil-3d-2013/

*Edit* Neil, I realise you don't say what you were doing that triggered this, but the others mentioned the plot dialogue.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: troma

The issue is known but the cause may well be different. I never plot using a window selection and I wasn't in any plot functionality - I had actually just changed OFFSETGAPTYPE to 1....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

Steve: this happens in 2013, when you are going to plot using window and you zoom in to pick the point, just avoid the zoom and you should be fine

anyway it can be easily solved using escape as you mentioned

but Neil's problem is different, this started to happen to collegue and I can't figure out what it causes and how to solve it

by now, I told her to save often and then she has to kill acad.exe process and open AutoCAD again

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The problem I'm having is the same, but different in that I'm trying to recalculate superelevation. I have to kill C3D. I had been zooming in with the scroller wheel, so I thought it might been the problem, so I accessed the alignment from Toolspace and have the same issue.

Sure would be nice to know what that mystery command is that is causing the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report