AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
mcloughlin
Message 1 of 3 (82 Views)
Accepted Solution

Divide parcel by sliding bearing

82 Views, 2 Replies
04-11-2014 10:22 AM

I've appended an image of a parcel (reddish lines), created from a polyline by using the parcel creation tools.  You can see that this is a parcel by its listing (upper right).  

We want to divide it by sliding a line parallel to the southeasterly end, as shown, in a northwesterly direction.  Simple, right?  

As you can see (lower left), when we're told to pick a point within the parcel or a parcel segment, we are told that "Selected entity must be of type: Parcel."  

But it already IS a parcel, as its listing at upper right already demonstrated!

As the young folk say, WTF?  How do we convince the program that what it LISTS as a parcel actually IS a parcel?  

Thanks!

Parcel Entity 11 Apr 2014.jpg

Distinguished Mentor
Pointdump
Message 2 of 3 (71 Views)

Re: Divide parcel by sliding bearing

04-11-2014 11:39 AM in reply to: mcloughlin

McL,

Are you sure it's a parcel? If it's not in Prospector, it's not a parcel:

Prospector.png

Dave

Dave
Mohave Valley, Arizona

HP DV7 Laptop
Intel Core i7-3820QM 3rd Generation Quad Core 2.7 GHZ CPU
16 GB DDR3 RAM ( 2 DIMM ) / 180 GB SSD
Nvidia GeForce 650M Graphics w/2 GB Memory
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit / AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014
Distinguished Contributor
mcloughlin
Message 3 of 3 (55 Views)

Re: Divide parcel by sliding bearing

04-11-2014 02:27 PM in reply to: Pointdump

Thanks, Dave.  My error was in having left the scale so that the parcel label was microscopically situated, and I therefore attempted to pick a line rather than the label.  The program will recognize the label pick, but not a line pick.  My error.  

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs