Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display elevation at bottom left corner

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bobbarkernar
3273 Views, 5 Replies

Display elevation at bottom left corner

Is there a way for the elevation of surface to be shown in the bottom left corner along with the easting and northing as the cursor tracks over the surface? currently only the easting and northing track with the cursor the elevation remains 0.00

bottom left corner.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: bobbarkernar

That displays the elevation value set in the drawing. If snapping to a 3d element or within a grip of a 3d element you should then see a z value representing the elevation of the selected entity.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
Jay_B

Coordinate Tracker works well for this.
Rollover Tooltips will also show the elevation just by hovering over a surface a z should appear.
The Inquiry tool can also be useful.
http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/filesCUG/GUID-BB5E3337-FAD4-4543-A2E6-97CA11D7C02B.htm
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 6
Neilw_05

The coordinate readout you are pointing to only reports the coordinates at the cursor. It won't provide a Z value unless you snap to an object with a non-zero Z value. It cannot be made to report C3D surface elevations.

As Jay B noted, you can use the C3D inquiry tool to get surface elevations. You can also get surface elevations in a tool tip when you hover your cursor over a C3D surface if you have enabled the tool tip option in the surface properties.

You can also get Z coordinates using the generic Autocad ID command and snapping to a 3D object.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 6
bobbarkernar

I just recently started using civil 3d again, for some reason i thought this was possible in the past. I might be mistaken. Thanks for the info.

Message 6 of 6
g.richardson

Hey I know this is a very late reply but was just looking at this and having the same issue.

' ctrl + i '  will change it so that it shows the elvations of lines/objects when you hover over grips. For some reason it can change to a white text and no longer show co-ordinates and levels dynamicly. Maybe I knocked it at some point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report