Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display aspect ratio

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1108 Views, 5 Replies

Display aspect ratio

This will probably sound like a real novice question:  I recently added a new wide screen monitor to my system.  Somehow the x/y axes are not equal in my drawin window, such that a drawn circle looks like an elipse, or a circle stretched on the x axis.  I have tried changing the pixel setting on my overall windows display with no change in my autocad display.  How do I keep the display from compressing or stretching?  Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

More than likely you have your resolution set improperly forthe monitor you are using. This is a windows and graphic card driver setup, not Autocad.  Your previous one was probably 4:1 ratio, now you probably have something like 16:9 ratio.

As an example, my big monitors have the resolution set to 2560 x 1600.

Bill

Message 3 of 6
JeffPaulsen

Check the specs on the monitor. There should be a recommended resolution. Set your Windows display settings to match.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks Bill. 

I found that my monitor aspect ratio and display ratio wew not the same, even though I thought they were.  Thanks for the tip.  The max I can set is 1920 x 1080 on my NVIDIA gEfORCE 8600m.  I'm using a 32" LCD TV/monitor at 1080p.  It's set at 16:9.

It's a whole lot differentthan my previous 22" monitor and will require some readjustments.

Thanks again.    

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks.  Just not paying enough attention to what I was doing! 

Message 6 of 6
antoniovinci

Well, I should follow the Jeff's advice, without any doubt.

You get the best performance from a flat monitor ONLY at its factory settings. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report