AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
mjwoodruff
Message 1 of 3 (73 Views)

Display Problem

73 Views, 2 Replies
07-17-2007 07:51 AM
The last few days I've been getting a "break" in my screen. It only happens in Civil 3D 2008 on a paper space layout. I have a separate AutoCAD 2008 install and it has never happened. The problem is a black bar, like a model space VP, appears at the bottom of the layout view. It messes up the cursor position. For instance, the cursor will show up in the white part above, but when I middle button click to pan, it shows up in the black. I've attached a screenshot. Anyone else have this?
*David Dixon
Message 2 of 3 (73 Views)

Re: Display Problem

07-17-2007 10:21 AM in reply to: mjwoodruff
[nobr]

same problem occasionally here too.  Happens to me about twice a week. 
Patiently waiting for SP1 to see if that helps.

--

David Dixon
Clark Nexsen, Architecture & Engineering
Civil 3D 2008 / AutoCAD MEP 2008 / Raster Design 2008
Dell Optiplex 745
XP Pro SP2, Intel P4 3.4 Ghz, 4 GB RAM
256 ATI Radeon X600 Dual Display
http://dca2civil3d.blogspot.com

mjwoodruff wrote:

The last few days I've been getting a "break" in my screen. It only happens in Civil 3D 2008 on a paper space layout. I have a separate AutoCAD 2008 install and it has never happened. The problem is a black bar, like a model space VP, appears at the bottom of the layout view. It messes up the cursor position. For instance, the cursor will show up in the white part above, but when I middle button click to pan, it shows up in the black. I've attached a screenshot. Anyone else have t
his?

[img src="@161232"]

[ /nobr]
Distinguished Contributor
AussieHans
Message 3 of 3 (73 Views)

Re: Display Problem

07-17-2007 08:02 PM in reply to: mjwoodruff
I have had this occasionally too, sometimes the screen flashes or rolls. Exit AutoCAD and restart it goes away, for weeks, then its back.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs