Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Parcel extent in section

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
craig_robertson
802 Views, 3 Replies

Display Parcel extent in section

I don't have much experience of parcels but is it possible to show the extent of the parcel in a cross section? I want to use parcels to show and label areas of construction and I'd like this to automatically show the limits of the construction area on my cross sections, is this possible?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: craig_robertson

Using the Feature Line Editing tools you can do this.

You may want to copy the parcel file so you can keep a 2d and a 3d version.

Select a Parcel Segment and the Ribbon will highlight green with the Parcel Segment contextual Ribbon tab. Click the Edit Elevations button if the Tools are not shown in the Ribbon. Select the Elevations from Surface command and assign elevations to the parcel segments. You should be able to project these segments to a profile or section view.

Another  option. Put the parcel lines with surface elevations into a new surface and sample it for profiles or section. You will always get great results from this method. Object projection gets a bit flaky at times particularly if the object is closed and not symmetric with the baseline alignment.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
craig_robertson
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Cheers John
Message 4 of 4
lfuller
in reply to: jmayo-EE

How do you put the Parcel Segment line into a Surface?

I've selected a Parcel Segment line, and applied Existing Surface elevations to it.  But, the next step of putting them into their own surface has stumped me.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report