Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Auto Track Tooltip Problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
usu2002
1010 Views, 2 Replies

Display Auto Track Tooltip Problems

I am using both Civil 3D 2012 and Architecture 2011 on one machine. In both programs I experience a lag when doing basic drafting such as drawing a line. I found out that the Auto Track Tooltip was the problem. Once I disable it, the problem goes away. That much I have learned from searching the forums. What I haven't learned is what causes that to be a problem. It seems silly that a function like that has to be turned off in order to speed things up. I'm using an HP Elitebook 8740w so I'm not lacking in specs. I am running an ATI graphics card. Not sure if that is the problem but I am finding that from now on I'm going with Nvidia. I'm not happy with my experiences with ATI thus far.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: usu2002

Hi,

>> It seems silly that a function like that has to be turned off in order to speed things up

No really, if you check your car and you begin uninstalling some not primary necessary things (back seats, air conditioner, ...) your car will get lighter and lighter and so it will use less fuel.

So that's also a way to remove some nice things to speed the car up. 😉

And the way software development works is always built what newest pc's can run. If you have either a slower pc or you have a lot of data in your DWG you have the option to turn off some options needing much power.

And I would not see the graphics card the primary problem for ROLLOVERTIPS, it's just the processor power, the memory amount and speed and at least the amout of data on your screen. My estimation to this switch: more than 50% of the users working daily with AutoCAD have this options turned off (or don't know it).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
usu2002
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I understand your point.  I guess I didn't realize that the option was very resource intensive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report