Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Coordinate Systems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mnorton
389 Views, 5 Replies

Disappearing Coordinate Systems

My Civil 3D 2012 coordinate systems normally displayed on the units and zone tab of the drawing settings have disappeared.  On existing drawings the coordinate system code is still displayed.  On new drawings the code appears as a symbol - a period or a comma or something.  I can enter the coordinate system code and the program recognizes it.

My Civil 3D 2011 coordinate systems display as expected.

WP7,SP1, 64-bit, Civil 3D 2012

Mike

Mike Norton - The Civil Guy
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: mnorton

Hey Mike.  There is an Update 2 out for 2012 now.  Came out about 2 weeks ago.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM
Message 4 of 6
mnorton

Thanks, Todd.  My machine was upgraded while I was off last week so I had to spend today fixing everything.  IT doesn't trust me to do my own work and got a little defensive when I questioned their qualifications.  I think the problem would have been solved had they performed a "clean" uninstall/reinstall but they insisted it wasn't necessary.  I'll try Almas' solution tomorrow.

Message 5 of 6
mnorton
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

The solution Almas posted worked but I found a little more than I expected in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ folder.  There were three variations of the Geospatial Coordinate Systems folder.  Judging by the names, two appeared to be temporary folders possibly created in the repair/reinstall process or possibly by the update?

I first copied the coordsys.crd file from the newer template folder into the Geospatial Coordinate Systems folder.  The coordinate systems failed to appear when I started Civil 3D.

I then renamed the temporary folder to be the primary Geospatial Coordinate Systems folder and it worked.  My coordinate systems appeared when I restarted Civil 3D.

If that effort failed I'm sure copying the Geospatial Coordinate Systems folder from a clean install would have worked although it's sort of a nuisance.  Jump drives are never around when you need one.  Anyway, thanks again for the help.

Message 6 of 6
mnorton

And that would be coordsys.csd file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report