AutoCAD Civil 3D General

*James Wedding
Message 11 of 18 (72 Views)

Re: Difficult editing profiles

11-09-2004 03:13 PM in reply to: *Dave D
And part of the reason we're spec'ing dual monitors for the foreseeable future.... -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
*Don Reichle
Message 12 of 18 (72 Views)

11-09-2004 03:44 PM in reply to: *Dave D
Hey Doctor; All of a sudden I'm reminded of the old Console MicroStation workstations of about fifteen years ago. You might be too young to have seen them. IIRC they were about the size of a young Entertainment Center. Seems like they had two monitors sitting side by side above the keyboard and tablet input. Have we come full circle? -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "James Wedding" wrote in message news:41914f1f_3@newsprd01... > And part of the reason we're spec'ing dual monitors for the foreseeable > future.... > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005+C3D > http://au.autodesk.com > Sign up now for AU2004! >
*Dave D
Message 13 of 18 (72 Views)

11-12-2004 11:19 AM in reply to: *Dave D
Indeed James. I'm one of the fortunate ones in my office. I get razzed by my co-workers by having two monitors, but I'll take it. Between ArcGIS, Microstation, and now AutoCAD Civil3D, it is definitely a "must have". Dave D. "James Wedding" wrote in message news:41914f1f_3@newsprd01... > And part of the reason we're spec'ing dual monitors for the foreseeable > future.... > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005+C3D > http://au.autodesk.com > Sign up now for AU2004! >
Contributor
Scott Wolfe
Message 14 of 18 (72 Views)

11-12-2004 12:19 PM in reply to: *Dave D
I need a third monitor. Ive completely filled my second with tool bars and would like more room. My next monitor will have higher resolution.
*Laurie Comerford
Message 15 of 18 (72 Views)

11-12-2004 01:42 PM in reply to: *Dave D
Hi Scott, I have an otherwise useless lap top which I use as another monitor for handling email and other trivial tasks, freeing up space for serious stuff on the working computer. In my fantasy office I have: Civil 3D - one screen for plan graphics Software toolbars, menus etc.and Veign Note*It - in general one screen Advanced Road Design - one screen for current profile Advanced Road Design - one screen for non-current profiles Another for Email etc. I'm starting on neck and multi focus eye exercises real soon now. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Scott Wolfe" wrote in message news:8765289.1100290800741.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I need a third monitor. Ive completely filled my second with tool bars and would like more room. My next monitor will have higher resolution.
*Doug Boys
Message 16 of 18 (72 Views)

11-14-2004 05:28 AM in reply to: *Dave D
My guess is that pretty soon we may have thin film flexible screens which you can "wallpaper" onto your desktop and place and move views wherever you like on it. Sort of be like papers all over your desk. (Just like the old days !!) Doug Boys
*Don Reichle
Message 17 of 18 (72 Views)

11-14-2004 06:48 AM in reply to: *Dave D
Hey Laurie; Would one of these help? Sceptre 30" 16:9 HDTV-Ready LCD TV Resolution: 1280 x 768 Brightness: 500 cd/m² Contrast Ratio: 600:1 You could use the money you would have spent on the Chiropractic treatments. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:41953911_2@newsprd01... > Hi Scott, > > I have an otherwise useless lap top which I use as another monitor for > handling email and other trivial tasks, freeing up space for serious stuff > on the working computer. > > In my fantasy office I have: > Civil 3D - one screen for plan graphics > Software toolbars, menus etc.and Veign Note*It - in general one screen > Advanced Road Design - one screen for current profile > Advanced Road Design - one screen for non-current profiles > Another for Email etc. > > I'm starting on neck and multi focus eye exercises real soon now. > > -- > > Laurie Comerford > CADApps > www.cadapps.com.au > > > "Scott Wolfe" wrote in message > news:8765289.1100290800741.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >> I need a third monitor. Ive completely filled my second with tool bars > and would like more room. My next monitor will have higher resolution. > >
Distinguished Contributor
Nick_Merchant
Message 18 of 18 (72 Views)

11-14-2004 08:37 AM in reply to: *Dave D
That's an interesting vision. Sounds kinda' like that movie "Red Planet". They had film stuff like that too that had digital maps on them. Seems kinda' far off though.

I envision the monitors being replaced with 3d, VR-type goggles that the user would wear. That way you can "look" at whatever screen you want to focus on by simply turning your head a few degrees up or down. You could also make each screen as large or small as you'd like.

I would think that's do-able in the near future and it seems that it would be cheaper and a lot less cumbersome than a gang of monitors.

I would think that the only thing that needs to be developed is an interface between the existing goggle technology and the CAD system.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs