Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dictionary Edit

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
rcallison
1064 Views, 11 Replies

Dictionary Edit

when  running spell check the tab for adding a word to the dictionary is not available.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: rcallison

Right-click on the word and choose Add to Dictionary.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 12
rcallison
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Spell Check does not allow me to right click on the word. 

Message 4 of 12
ToddRogers-WPM

Are you using MTEXT?

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 12
rcallison

Yes, we are using MTXT

Message 6 of 12
ToddRogers-WPM

Is there a red line under the word?  If so, you are supposed to be able to right-click and add it to the dictionary.

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 12
rcallison

If I double click MTEXT a red line appears under the words not recognized.  If I right click on the underlined word a menu is displayed and "Add to Dictionary" is shaded back and is not functional.  My thought early on was that I would be able to change a setting that would allow a word to be added to the dictionary.

Message 8 of 12
ToddRogers-WPM

The only thing I can think of is that you don't have the character set checked for Western.  

Todd Rogers
Message 9 of 12
ToddRogers-WPM

Try this...

Type in DCTCUST and see if a path shows up.  It should be your roaming directory.  If there is nothing, then you need to set the path in your options to C:\Users\user name\appdata\roaming\autodesk\c3d 20??\enu\support

Todd Rogers
Message 10 of 12

We've run into a similar problem.

For some reason in our profile the option variable for Custom Dictionary was empty. Added it back and now the "Add to Dictionary" option is enabled.

We also ran into something else strange, running C3D 2014, when in the editor if I right click a word and "Add to Dictionary" it doesn't actually add the word, but... if I run the Spell Check application and select "Add to Dictionary" it WILL actually add the word to the dictionary.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 11 of 12

Michael...I have had the exact results you share.  This version, 2014, seems to have a bug with the custom spell checker.  I've used a custom dictionary for 16 years and never had a problem. 

Any solutions to this yet?

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 12 of 12

No solution yet. Did contact Autodesk support about it and they confirmed the bug but did not give any information on updates.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report