Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
474 Views, 8 Replies

Details

Hi,

I am trying to import ( well I did import the problem is the display ) cadastre's information for a plan.

I did load the shape file from GIS in the civil-3D. My problem is that I only get the geometric information (the polygon), but I do not get layer with the #, owner and so on. I guess it's only a display option, but I don't get to find it. Anyone got clues on that?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

when importing shape files from gis data there is an option to bring over the data attached to the polygons.  by default it is turned off.  It has to be activated for the data to come along with the polygons.   once the data is in the drawing file along with the polygons, close and save the file.   then open a new file and use map functions to attach the original file at a map set.   then the object data from the polygons can be queried to be brought into a drawing.

another way to do this is with an FDO connection.

This is very complicated stuff,  get ready for the learning curve.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Is the option you are taking about the " auto extract " option in the 3-D based geospatial ?

If yes, then mine is set on.

Then I tryed what you say, to attach the drawing into another drawing, but I only get the geometry (I can make the table comes in, where I see all the information from the GIS table, but I can't display them on my draw...).

Message 4 of 9
Hidden_Brain

as dgordon mentioned, setting up a FDO connection will bring in the shapefile attribute table with the parcel, owner etc information in it. if you want to insert the shapefile into your drawing instead of the FDO connection, do:

• command mapinsert
  • in the mapinsert window, click the button to create object data
  • select the fields from the shapefile attribute that you want to create object data from
  • click IMPORT POLYGONS AS CLOSED POLYLINES
  • click Ok

now when you pick on any polygon, type CH to open up the properties window, and the object data will be listed at the bottom of this window.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

I did as you told. I get the property listed in my windows property but... how can I speicify that, this particular property, I would like it to be displayed in the drawing, with a specific layer (style) ?

Message 6 of 9
Hidden_Brain

look into creating map annotation templates.

i still think FDO connection would have been a much easier way to go for your case.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I don't know about FDO connection. When I use the option, the list is empty and I don't know how nor what type of file I should use to use this fonctionality !

Message 8 of 9
Hidden_Brain

http://autocad-map3d.cad2design.com/tutorials/182910/Map+3D+FDO+Connections

command MAPWSPACE turns on the map task pane, if you are running Civil 3D instead of Map 3D, or you can change the workspace to GEOSPATIAL as well to turn the task pane on.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Did this, but still can't display my info... Thanks for the vid, I'll check this during the week-end, maybe I'll figure out how to do this with a FDO as you suggest !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report