Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designing Corridor of Ramp (Cloverleaf)

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Ievgen
1478 Views, 10 Replies

Designing Corridor of Ramp (Cloverleaf)

Hi everyone!

Can someone tell if it was possible to create such intersections as I drew in attachment? At least give me a tip where to look for. Thank you.

attachment.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DRossger
in reply to: Ievgen

Draw a line from centre of arc perpendicular to your main road line or I missunderstand you ?

Message 3 of 11
Ievgen
in reply to: DRossger

I need to create a corridor, but my axes do not cross, so how can I create a corridor without layouts been crossed? May be there is a kind of offset ?

Message 4 of 11
DRossger

You can extend your corridor with "target lines"

Look at the picture, click your corridor properties and than on button target and you get window there you can expand your corridor to an select polyline (your road axis)

Message 5 of 11
Ievgen

Yes I know that, the real problem is that I can't set pedestrian sidewalk on a main road which is crossed by a ramp passageway

Message 6 of 11
DRossger

I´m little confused, you have a main road and would like a  pedestrian sidewalk but it crossed with the ramp passage. What exactly is th problem there. Can you do it with two corridors ? Explain little bit more please !

Message 7 of 11
Ievgen

Don't have a Civil by the moment so I tried to explaine problem by a picture. Normally intersection is designed by picking a point where two axes lines of 2 roads are crossed so the intersection could have 1 point in common. But in this case they don't interfere with each other. Can still the intersection be designed? (because there is a gap, showed by a green dmension line) or do I need to change the geometry of the axis?

Without having the point of intersection the macros of creation the intersection can't be run, without it I can't create layout offsets to be as target points for assemblies.

Message 8 of 11
fcernst

Strive to do it with one Corridor and two Baselines, each with their own Alignment and Profile. This is the strength of the Corridor object.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 9 of 11
Jeff_M

You won't be able to use the Intersection Wizard for this. But you can manually create the offsets, profiles, etc. to get what you need. The only thing is they will not be dynamically linked to each other. This is how we designed intersections prior to the Intersection object being available.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 10 of 11
sboon

I taught a course at AU on how to deal with this scenario.  When the 2012 class materials go online (supposed to be in about 2 weeks) you can search for CI2160 - Intersections from the Inside Out.  If you cannot wait that long then PM me and we'll arrange to get you the documents and sample drawings somehow.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Tags (1)
Message 11 of 11
Ievgen
in reply to: sboon

Please, could you send me materials about it, I would greatly appreciate any help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report