Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Ribbon and layout tab

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dgordon
672 Views, 3 Replies

Design Ribbon and layout tab

i was reading another post and there was a picture showing a design workspace and a layout tab on the design workspace for 2013 C3D.   My installation doesn't have a design workspace, so i'm wondering how many of you have this wordspace?

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: dgordon

I don't know about the design workspace, unless it is a custom workspace saved by a user/company, but there is a contextual tab called "layout tools" which comes from the map.cuix file supplied with civil 3d.

If your context ribbon states are on, then the layout tools ribbon tab will display when you switch to a layout, unless your map.cuix is not loaded or the tab has been removed from the map.cuix file.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 4
C3D_TomR

No Design ribbon tab for me either. It's probably a custom one such as the one that we use.

The contextual layout tab is only when you are in a layout similar to selecting an alignment and seeing the contextual alignment ribbon tab appear.

Tom Richardson

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature
Autodesk Certified Professional in Civil 3D for Infrastructure Design
AutoCAD Certified Professional
------------------------------------
Autodesk AEC Community Blog
Crossing the line with Civil 3D
Twitter | LinkedIn
------------------------------------
Austin CAD User Group Resources
Blog | Discord | LinkedIn

Autodesk Group Network Leader

Message 4 of 4
dgordon

I see what it is.   It only shows up when your in the planning and analysis ribbon and in layout paper space.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report