Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description key file, is it still DEFAULT.mdb?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
311 Views, 3 Replies

Description key file, is it still DEFAULT.mdb?

Where in Civil3D resides the prototype, templates, symbol manager, cogo blocks and the description key file? Also, where in the description key file do you put the block (symbol) (.dwg) that replaces the point symbol? Thank you. John
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
zazigmund
in reply to: Anonymous

I would suggest you click the Help pull down in Civil3D and click on the Tutorials link there. This will begin to broaden your mind about some of your questions. Hope it helps, no pun intended. Autodesk dollars at work. Well done in 07.

Z Zigmund
Civil Project Designer/C3D Power User
Message 3 of 4
mathewkol

It sounds very much like you are under the impression Civi l3D is the next Land Desktop. It is in fact an entirely new product, not much of which is similar to LDT.

To be successful, you need to wean yourself from this mindset and read lots and take some training.

There is no description key file, it all done in the drawing. EVERYTHING is done right in the drawing. There are no external files like LDT has.

Prototypes...use different DWT's. Templates...in the drawing and are called assemblies. Symbol manager...use tool palettes, or the design center. Cogo blocks are wherever you want them to be, though they must ultilmately live in your drawing. There is no path for choosing them.

It's all about new learning my friend.

Matt
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 4
zazigmund

Well said, and agreed with. I'll admit, I was a little ignorant to the immensity at which C3D would take the world of dynamic design. It's like Inventor for Land Development! I digress.... One must continue to flow in the stream of knowledge or become stagnant in the pool motionlessness. If only more people would get off their tookus and do something productive and train your mind. Television is not the answer to life's problems, learning and self-involvement are. Quit watching your American Idols and your Dances with Stars and download a tutorial or google for help. Jump into the program and use the tutorials, Autodesk isn't stealing your money folks, a lot of it goes into developing these tutorials for your benefit, you paid for it, use it! I'll stop flaming and I'm sorry if it sounds like I am, just frustrated with the American mind set that, everyone deserves everything for free and you don't have to work for anything. The End.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report