AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
strah
Message 1 of 8 (93 Views)

Deleting multiple parcel line lables

93 Views, 7 Replies
02-01-2005 01:34 PM
Is there a quick way to remove multiple parcel line labels at once, instead of picking one by one? (Or maybe applying some sort of "None" Line Label Style?)

Also, is there a way of labeling two parcel segments in line, as one, something similar to LDT command Label Line By Points.

Thanks,

Strah
*James Wedding
Message 2 of 8 (93 Views)

Re: Deleting multiple parcel line lables

02-01-2005 01:52 PM in reply to: strah
1. Nope. Stinks, doesn't it? 2. If they're collinear, you can use a spanning label and if it doesn't span to begin with, flip it. Does that solve the problem, or do you have something else in mind? -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Valued Contributor
strah
Message 3 of 8 (93 Views)

02-01-2005 02:09 PM in reply to: strah
Hi James,

1. This does not solve the problem, but at least now I know where I stand :smileyhappy:
2. Could you be a bit more specific please. I am trying to do what you suggested but it seems that I am misunderstanding something. So, I have two collinear segments (btw, that's the word I was looking for) and I run Parcels->Labels-Add.. command. I select Feature: Parcel, Label Type: Single Segment (right?), Line label style: [Span] Bearing and Distance with Crows Feet, and then I click Add button in the Add Labels dialog box. It prompts me - Select label location, so I select, but it labels only one segment of the two collinear ones. What am I missing?

Strah
*James Wedding
Message 4 of 8 (93 Views)

02-01-2005 02:35 PM in reply to: strah
Pick the label, right-click, and select Flip Label. That the ticket? -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Valued Contributor
strah
Message 5 of 8 (93 Views)

02-01-2005 08:06 PM in reply to: strah
did that with no success... still labels only one segment
*James Wedding
Message 6 of 8 (93 Views)

02-02-2005 06:41 AM in reply to: strah
Well, you'll have to label them both as individual segments, then go back and apply one more label to get the spanning label on the outside. Can you post a picture so I'm sure I'm answering the right question? -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
*Angel Espinoza
Message 7 of 8 (93 Views)

02-07-2005 12:25 PM in reply to: strah
The spanning label will only work if one side of the line is not intersected by other lines. If you have a common back lot line with lots on both sides the spanning label will not be possible. Angel Espinoza KETIV Technologies "strah" wrote in message news:31700265.1107317231112.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > did that with no success... still labels only one segment
*wfb
Message 8 of 8 (93 Views)

02-07-2005 02:28 PM in reply to: strah
Thanks, Angel That was driving me nuts. Bill "Angel Espinoza" wrote in message news:4207ced8$1_1@newsprd01... > The spanning label will only work if one side of the line is not intersected > by other lines. If you have a common back lot line with lots on both sides > the spanning label will not be possible. > > Angel Espinoza > KETIV Technologies > > "strah" wrote in message > news:31700265.1107317231112.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > did that with no success... still labels only one segment > >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs