Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting multiple parcel line lables

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
strah
287 Views, 7 Replies

Deleting multiple parcel line lables

Is there a quick way to remove multiple parcel line labels at once, instead of picking one by one? (Or maybe applying some sort of "None" Line Label Style?)

Also, is there a way of labeling two parcel segments in line, as one, something similar to LDT command Label Line By Points.

Thanks,

Strah
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: strah

1. Nope. Stinks, doesn't it? 2. If they're collinear, you can use a spanning label and if it doesn't span to begin with, flip it. Does that solve the problem, or do you have something else in mind? -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Message 3 of 8
strah

Hi James,

1. This does not solve the problem, but at least now I know where I stand 🙂
2. Could you be a bit more specific please. I am trying to do what you suggested but it seems that I am misunderstanding something. So, I have two collinear segments (btw, that's the word I was looking for) and I run Parcels->Labels-Add.. command. I select Feature: Parcel, Label Type: Single Segment (right?), Line label style: [Span] Bearing and Distance with Crows Feet, and then I click Add button in the Add Labels dialog box. It prompts me - Select label location, so I select, but it labels only one segment of the two collinear ones. What am I missing?

Strah
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Pick the label, right-click, and select Flip Label. That the ticket? -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Message 5 of 8
strah

did that with no success... still labels only one segment
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Well, you'll have to label them both as individual segments, then go back and apply one more label to get the spanning label on the outside. Can you post a picture so I'm sure I'm answering the right question? -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

The spanning label will only work if one side of the line is not intersected by other lines. If you have a common back lot line with lots on both sides the spanning label will not be possible. Angel Espinoza KETIV Technologies "strah" wrote in message news:31700265.1107317231112.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > did that with no success... still labels only one segment
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks, Angel That was driving me nuts. Bill "Angel Espinoza" wrote in message news:4207ced8$1_1@newsprd01... > The spanning label will only work if one side of the line is not intersected > by other lines. If you have a common back lot line with lots on both sides > the spanning label will not be possible. > > Angel Espinoza > KETIV Technologies > > "strah" wrote in message > news:31700265.1107317231112.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > did that with no success... still labels only one segment > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report