Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Multiple VPI's from a profile

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GoldenCabio
1421 Views, 3 Replies

Deleting Multiple VPI's from a profile

Hello all....Is there a quick way to delete several VPI's or grips along a "existing profile"? I have an existing profile I would like to use for my "proposed" profile as well, however, there is a portion I need to revamp and create a couple of verticle curves. Therefore, (new to Civil 3d) I want to simple offset the "existing profile" up 3 inches to accomodate for an overaly situation.Secondly I want to delete say 500lf out of the eixsting and insert the proposed new deisgn profile with vc's in it.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: GoldenCabio

Here's a few options to weed out the extra vertices and use an EG Profile to create the Layout Profile.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
jmayo-EE

Great stuff. Kudos to Jay (Best Fit solution), Brian (Object Projection method) and Fred (Corridor method).

We've got to add one more. 🙂

Select the EG Profile and use the AutoCAD copy command to copy it on top of itself. Select the copy and in the properties dialog change the profile from Dynamic to Static. Select this copied profile again and use the Edit Profile Geometry tools to raise all the PI's. Now use one of the two steps below depending upon how amy PVI's you need to remove.

1. Use the Delete PVI command to weeds as you need. Add the VC and change the profile style to an FG style.

2. Trace over the copied profile with a new layout profile.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
GoldenCabio

Yes Sir...thanks for the advice Jay_B and JMayo, good stuff. Actually have been using the copy and redraw method. However, this one is 8.5 miles of EG and many vertices with and low-water crossing driange feature where a bridge will eventually be built. Therefore, the need to smooth up and get rid of the low water crossing section. - - - - \_ _ _ _ _/ - - - - -    Will work on the weeding some and see what I get.

(All these tools, bells n whistles and Civil 3d dosent just let you trim>join> and call anything a profile and reference back to station on the alignment in plan view! That's like a nice muscle car with a brand new 4cylinder in it!)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report