Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Parcels from the drawing (site??)

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
MetroVancouverDrafting
2814 Views, 26 Replies

Delete Parcels from the drawing (site??)

Hello there,

I'm trying to clean up the drawing. I have erased everything, but there are still 20572 parcels somewhere in the drawing that I couldn't delete. I've tried vlisp and vba with no luck.

Any suggestions??

The file is too big to attach so use the link to download:

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gc7fa8cfad767debc999194112b246751ba20bc3a8

Thanks

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

This thread over at the Swamp may shed some light on this. There is a lisp routine there that should fix you up.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 27

I opened your drawing and there are no parcels in the Toolspace or anywhere else in the drawing.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 27

I did do an ERASE, ALL and it deleted 20572 objects.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 5 of 27
mathewkol
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

I tried that too Todd, but the weird parcels are sitll there when I LIST all.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 6 of 27
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: mathewkol

You're sure right....weird!!

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 7 of 27
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: mathewkol

MAPCLEAN doesn't work either!!

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 8 of 27
dgordon
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

can you determine what layer these objects are on and do a layerdelete?

what size is the drawing file?  

Can you salvage any styles on this drawing that you need and just move them to another drawing.   Why do you care if this one drawing has absolutely no objects left in it?

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 9 of 27

I got a good one for you Matt.  I went to the Settings tab, expanded Parcels, expanded Parcel styles, right-clicked on BYBLOCK and select Find References.  They show up there.  This is indeed a strange deal!!

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 10 of 27
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: dgordon

I just did a LAYDEL and deleted all the layers, BUT, it does not delete layer C-Road, which the ghost objects are supposedly on.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 11 of 27

I used lisp (endel ent) , vba ...(Item).delete

Nothing helps

Message 12 of 27

Thanks all,

dgordon

First of all it is fun to be puzzled, but:

The actual file is 15Mb and has 14 layouts. The file is so slow, it takes up to 4 minutes to change the layout, y've probably have noticed the delay when you go from Model to Paper.

Message 13 of 27

We have found a way to delete the ghost parcels from a drawing/template and it involves using plain AutoCAD.

Open the drawing/template in C3d and then create a layer that you can place all the ghost parcels on. I created a layer called Parcel Delete and used the QSELECT command to select all the parcels. I then changed the layer for the parcels to the Parcel Delete layer. Save and close the drawing.

Open AutoCAD and make sure you have the Display Proxy Entities selected. Once you have the drawing open use the QSELECT command and use the Layer option, set the layer value to Parcel Delete. This will select only the entities that are on this layer. Erase or delete the selected proxy entities, then save and exist the drawing.

Open the drawing in C3D and you will find that the parcels are no longer a part of the drawing/template.

Give this a try and let me know if you have any questions about this work flow.

Sid.

Message 14 of 27
sergey_f13
in reply to: SidGariss

I've tried that Sid, but it didn't work for me. 

I have a file from the City's template that has 289 parcels and I can seem to get rid of them.... 

Message 15 of 27
SidGariss
in reply to: sergey_f13

What version of AutoCAD and Civil 3D are you using?

Message 16 of 27
sergey_f13

I'm running 2016

Message 17 of 27
sergey_f13

The file is not huge yet, but I want to start with a clean template. 

I tried to open it with straight CAD it does not allow me to delete AECC_PARCELs that are in the drawing. 

Message 18 of 27
SidGariss

Ok, I did all of this using 2015 versions so it should have worked. Would it be possible for you to send me your template and I can take a look at it for you?

Message 19 of 27
SidGariss

Take a look at this template and make sure it is clear of parcels for you. I was able to get rid of the parcels using the 2015 versions and it none showed up when I opened it in C3D. Not sure why it would not work for you. Let me know if I can help out in any way.

Sid.

Message 20 of 27
sergey_f13

Thanks for cleaning that up for me. 

It sees fine from a first glance. It's very odd that it works with 2015 but not 2016. I followed your steps, but could not delete them for some unknown reason. Hopefully we'll finalize our switch to 2018 sooner rather than later as I heard there's a command to clean those  ghosts out. 

Thanks again. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report