Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Network Part Family

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
troma
636 Views, 6 Replies

Delete Network Part Family

I'm importing GIS data as pipe networks in Civil.

I noticed that when I do sanitary, they all come is as existing parts (which is desired).  However, when I do storm, they come in as proposed.  My guess is that it is using the first option it finds in the parts list at the appropriate diameter.  Here are my pipes parts lists:

San pipes parts.PNG            Stm pipes parts.PNG

So I see that for sanitary, it will find the 'Existing PVC' first and use those pipes, whereas for storm it finds the 'Proposed Concrete' first and uses those pipes.  That's my guess at what's going on anyway.

Question is, how can I fix it?  One idea is to just delete the unwanted parts from this drawing.  If I delete a part family, does it affect other drawings?

Thanks.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
~Opie
in reply to: troma

From my understanding, the parts list is a per drawing list.  If you modify the list in one drawing, the changes do not carry over to other existing drawings.

Message 3 of 7
jmayo-EE

Copy the part list, delete the proposed and reimport?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
troma
in reply to: ~Opie

Opie, sounds good. Can anyone else confirm or point me to an official source? I couldn't find any info in the Help about deleting a family, only about creating a family.

Thanks for the help!

Mark Green

Message 5 of 7
troma
in reply to: jmayo-EE

John, sounds like the more complex route. If I need to do that, how do I do it?

Thanks!

Mark Green

Message 6 of 7
jmayo-EE

Find the part list in prospector and you can delete it (if it's not in use), copy or edit it. To delete the part family edit the list and find the proposed stuff. Right click to see the menu in the attachment.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
troma
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks John. I like it. I did it in our template so the copy with only existing parts will be available from now on.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report