Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Degree of curvature label

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
446 Views, 4 Replies

Degree of curvature label

Ok... I think I am either having a severe brain fart or I just am missing something (the brain part). I am trying to create an expression so that I can put the Dc into my alignment curve label. I am using (5729.58/Radius) for the expression and using Double for the format which comes out fine in decimal form as in a curve with a 200' R comes out to be 28.6479º, the problem is that I need it to come out as Angular DMS... when I switch the format to angle it comes back as 1641º24'14". What am I missing.

C3D 08' SP1
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

when i did this we had to divide by a number.... give me a few minutes to open the file that contains the expression
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

In the Edit Expression Dialogue box:

Expression: ASIN(50/Radius)*2
Format result as: Angle

Make sure in the Label Style Composer you have the units and format correct. When i played with this i had the issue of the label reverting back to Decimal form, i would have to go back and specify the units again to get it to show as DMS.

Edit-I did this in '07 Message was edited by: Dustin M
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Dustin,

Thanks man... you saved many brain cells this morning lol...

Still one issue that I am seeing, it is pulling the chord Dc, need the Arc. Any ideas?

Mark Message was edited by: mpowelljr
Message 5 of 5
JamaL9722060

Hi Dustin,

How to access the “Edit Expression Dialogue box”?

Me neither, I couldn’t label the curve with the degree of curvature in degree/minute/second (attached)

how this can be accomplished?

---------------------------
Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report