Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining Object Data to a poly line and Polygon

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2281 Views, 2 Replies

Defining Object Data to a poly line and Polygon

Hi Guys

Is there a way to define object data to a polygon or a poly line in C3d? I imported a shape file and saw that in the properties dialog box the object data of the polygons is displayed. I would like to define create new polygons and define certain atrributes to it before exporting it as a shape file. This would would eliminate the need to use a GIS program to define the attributes of the polygons. 

Im using PCSWMM and would like to define certain atributes to polygons and polylines in C3D before i import it in to PCSWMM.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes. The data you see when importing a .shp file is called Object Data and can be added to AutoCAD objects via Map 3D (which Civil 3D is built upon). If you don't get a decent answer here on how to do this I would recommend asking in the Map 3D group as they will probably have more users that are familiar with those tools.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3
Ajilal.Vijayan
in reply to: Anonymous

After creating an object data table you can use ADEATTACHDATA command to attach the OD table to the objects

To create a Table

See image in here

Spoiler
Create_Table.JPG

To attach a table to object

see this image

Spoiler
Attach_Data.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report