Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default window position for Add Labels Dialogue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cobryan
181 Views, 3 Replies

Default window position for Add Labels Dialogue

No matter what I try, from modifying registry entries to changing user profiles, I cannot get the Add Labels dialogue box to come up in the last place it was located on the screen. This issue seems to be workstation specific, as I cannot duplicate it on other machines within the company. That is to say, the expected behavior is correct on the other workstations.

The position for the dialogue box is held within the following registry key (for 2014):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D000:409\Profiles\<<your_profile_name>>\Dialogs\AeccUiLandDlgLabelingTool\WindowPos

If I change the individual keys in this folder, no matter what I change them to, once I move the Add Labels window inside cad, the key values in the registry change back to what the were before and the dialogue resets to the center of my main monitor. I have full administrative rights on this workstation, I just can't figure out why the key mods won't stick.

There doesn't seem to be a window position control for this particular box inside the CUI interface.

I can log on to the workstation as a different domain user and the behavior works as expected, that is, the Add Labels dialogue box opens again in the location it was last closed from.

Does anyone have any idea how to change this behavior? It seems like a minor issue, but like many other things in Civil 3D, small annoyances create unnecessary headaches for those of us who stare at the monitors all day.

Thanks in advance.

Windows 7 64
Autodesk Civil 3D 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: cobryan

Have you compared the "Windows" Monitor Settings with those on a working workstation?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: cobryan

More information for other readers of this thread: Default window position for Add Labels Dialogue @ Augi

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 4
cobryan
in reply to: Jay_B

That's the thing with this issue, is there is no apparent difference in the windows profiles from one to the next.  I am the most powerful user on this machine, and this issue has only recently began.

My user is part of a domain with credentials that reach far beyond my own workstation, so creating another user profile for windows isn't an option here.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report