Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Point Style for Point Groups

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
paulgalli5397
924 Views, 7 Replies

Default Point Style for Point Groups

Does anyone know how to set a default point style for point groups?  Whenever I import survey points, I always put them into their own point group, so I can display each day's worth of survey data differently.  For some reason, the point style always defaults to a certain style (our control point symbol).  I'd like it to default to Basic, so I don't have to change this every time.  Is it a template drawing setting somewhere?

C3D - 2014, Sincpac Addon
Land Surveyor
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
wfberry
in reply to: paulgalli5397

Go to properties in your Point Group.  You should override your point style here.  

Bill

Message 3 of 8
mathewkol

This is done just like you would set any default style.

Settings tab, right click Point, Edit Feature Settings, expand Default styles and set what you want.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 8
Jeff_M

In addition to Matt's reply, you can set the defaults for Creating Point Groups separately from the Set Points defaults by going one more step down in the settings to the Commands->CreatePointGroup and overriding the Point Settings defaults.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 8
paulgalli5397
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks guys - that was just what I needed! Smiley Happy

C3D - 2014, Sincpac Addon
Land Surveyor
Message 6 of 8
IanMcClain
in reply to: Jeff_M

Similar problem: I have my Defualt Styles under Edit Feature settings to <none>, same with the "CreatePointGroup"  command settings, but when I import survey data into a database it always creates a point group with a back flow preventer as the set style for that group. It started doing that about 6 months ago and I have yet to figure it out.

This solution works for importing a point file into the drawing, but not the survey database. Any ideas? I made a seperate post a few weeks back, but no solutions were presented.

Ian McClain
Message 7 of 8

Same problem C3D 2022.1.2 with survey import as Ian's 6/21/2012 post,

Message 8 of 8
cnasr45JYP
in reply to: IanMcClain

Same problem 09-16-2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report