Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Label Style Doesn't Stick

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jporter
1857 Views, 5 Replies

Default Label Style Doesn't Stick

Civil 3D 2011, updates installed - I have a user who is manually importing points into his drawing.  He has set the default label style in his command settings to a specific style, but no matter what he does the points come in with the previously set default style (the out-of-the-box label style).  We've tested this in a new drawing with the same results.  We've tested this on several computers with the same results. 

My initial thought was that something on the network was holding this setting somehow.  We disconnected his computer from the network with the same results. 

What could be causing this label style to stick? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: jporter

The settings are probably set to use Description Keys. If a key isn't found, no styles are assigned to the point so they take on the property of the topmost PointGroup to which it belongs. To force the use of the default styles, turn off the "Use Description Keys" setting.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
jporter
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff,

That was it! ! !   I can't believe it.  I was searching everywhere (except the right place) for it.

Thanks for your help,

Jason

Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 4 of 6
d_reno

I set the default label style in the Point Creation settings, Point Group Creation settings, in the point settings in the Create Point dialog box that opens when you initiate the command, in the point group itself (only one, AllPoints), set Desc. Keys ON, even though there is no desc. key set loaded, and even though the points have an arbitratry desc., and it seems like there was still one more place I set the default styles to what I want, but can't remember because I have to set the **** styles in a million places and then hope it works right.

and STILL every point I set has <default> for both point style and label style.

this is way, way too complicated for what it needs to be. I just don't have enough budget to go searching for this crud every time I want to create some style dependant object.

in this case I will do what I end up doing far too often - set my points, select similar and set the fricking styles like I want them to be.

David Renaud, RLS
C3D 2012 on 64bit Win 7 all up to date
Dell Precision 7core 8GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
LDT/C3D user since release 12
Message 5 of 6
jporter
in reply to: d_reno

David,

I think you're barely missing it.  In the Settings tab, expand Point, expand Commands, right-click on CreatePoints, and select EditCommandSettings.  In the dialog box expand Points Creation.  For the property, Disable Description Keys, set the value to False.  I've attached an image just in case you need it. 

Hope this helps,

Jason

Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 6 of 6
d_reno

Thanks, Jason, I appreciate it!

David Renaud, RLS
C3D 2012 on 64bit Win 7 all up to date
Dell Precision 7core 8GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
LDT/C3D user since release 12

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report