Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DaylightBasin2 issue

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
rakaufmann
478 Views, 11 Replies

DaylightBasin2 issue

Hi, this is my first post,

I am having issues with DaylightBasin2 subassembly.  As you can see on the attached file, the basin slope is being drawn incorrectly.  It's good on the foreslope side, but is acting strange on the backslope side.   If I set basin slope to 1:1 it seems correct.  If I set it to 2:1, the backslope side is FLAT.  At 3:1 and 4:1, the backslope side actually goes back DOWN rather than coming back up as it's supposed to. 

We're baffled!  Any ideas on a fix, or if we are doing something wrong?

FYI, for the attached subassembly, a LinkWidthandSlope is coming off the top of curb at 2%, and the DB2 foreslope width is set to 0.1' because it can't be zero.

Thanks,

-Rick

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jeff_M
in reply to: rakaufmann

What version? In C3D2012 it sure appears to be working correctly for me. Perhaps post drawing showing the problem?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 12
rakaufmann

Version is Civil 3D 2011.

Message 4 of 12
Jeff_M

I see in the .NET code (available in the Sample folder) there is a difference between 2012 (which works) and 2011 (which doesn't). If you, or someone you know, can edit and compile a new dll for the subassemblies, I could show you where the difference is. If not, I may be able to post an updated one for you this evening.

EESignature
Message 5 of 12
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

I just realized I already had a Visual Studio Project setup for the 2011 subassemblies. So making the edit and recompiling took just a few minutes. Attached is a zip file with the updated dll. Make sure C3D2011 is not running. Backup the original in case this doesn't work (it should with a problem, but you never know...). Then unzip this new one to the same location. In my Win7-64 bit it is here: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2011\enu Now when you restart C3D, the subassembly should be working correctly.

EESignature
Message 6 of 12
rakaufmann

Jeff_M,

We're not savvy with editing/compiling yet.  If you could post an update I would be so grateful! 

Thank you for your help,

-Rick

Message 7 of 12
rakaufmann

Oops, Jeff, didn't see your last post.

We'll give it a try.

Thanks again!

-Rick

Message 8 of 12
rakaufmann

Jeff,

Replaced the dll file, fired up C3d, and am getting the following error when I insert any subassembly: 

"One or more subassembly .Net classes could not be found..."

See attached screenshot.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Rick 

Message 9 of 12
rakaufmann

Forgot attachment....

Message 10 of 12
Jeff_M

Did you extract the new dll to the same location that the original was found in? Verify the path is the same as that listed in the event viewer. By renaming the original dll, then extracting the new one to the same folder so the folder looks like so:

1-25-2012 6-25-05 AM.png

This works without issue for me. One thing I did forget to mention, any subassemblies alrady inserted in the drawing need to have the Subassembly Properties pallette opened, or change o parameter in the Properties Palette, in order for them to get the display recalculated correctly....but this step won't do any good as long as you are getting that error.

Are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of 2011?

EESignature
Message 11 of 12
Jeff_M

On a hunch I tested in my 32bit install of 2011. Sure enough, I got the same warning. Attached is a zip with a DLL compiled for use on a 32 bit install of 2011. I tested it here and the warning goes away.

EESignature
Message 12 of 12
rakaufmann

Jeff,

That did it!  Thanks to the new dll, DB2 now acts like it's supposed to.

I really appreciate your help.

-Rick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report