Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight not included in the Boundaries list

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
L3GO-Ed
962 Views, 5 Replies

Daylight not included in the Boundaries list

Hello,

I got this problem during creation of corridor surface boundaries. I would like to create a corridor datum surface using the daylight feature lines, automatically from the corridor surfaces-boundaries dialog box, but the daylight does not appear in the list. what could be the cause of this, if any one else has experience a simlar problem, I had. Thanx

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

Not P2?

What is the code for the assemby you use?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 6
sboon

If your corridor doesn't create two clean daylight lines, from end to end then you may not get Daylight as an option for the boundary.  When you rebuild are there errors reported where the corridor fails to daylight properly?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 6
fcernst

Try Corridor extents as Boundary, or post the drawing for analysis.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 6
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: fcernst

thanx fro the reply guys,

O yes, I think its the issue of my Daylight general not daylighting properly though i do not know why it can decide to act this way, for am sure my surface is available for intercept. Do I have to keep rebuilding, tweaking.......

Message 6 of 6
sboon

DaylightGeneral has three slope settings each for Cut and Fill - flat slopes, medium and steep.  If the sub fails to daylight at the flat slope it will try the medium, and then the steep slope.

Try changing the steep slopes for both cut and fill to something very steep, like 0.01 : 1  You should be able to always get a daylight and the sections with the really steep slopes will help you identify the areas where the normal slopes aren't working for you so that you can fix them.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report