Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data shortcuts on a network

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
charles.neely
653 Views, 6 Replies

Data shortcuts on a network

I have a drawing of utilites in which I created some data shortcuts. It has been edited by a co-worker and he has tried to add shortcuts for the pipe networks he created. However he has nothing showing on the Data Shortcut line. He can't create the shortcuts. Our Civil 3D Projects folder is on a network as are all the dwg's. If he right-clicks Data Shortcuts the command "Set Data Shortcuts Project Folder" is greyed out. Any solutions?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

You have to Set the Working Folder first.  Then if you want to create a Data Shortcut Project, then you can click on Set Data Shortcuts Project Folder.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for repyling, but nope, that's not doing it. We have tried to set a working folder and nothing.
Message 4 of 7

Have the data shortcuts already been created?  If so, most of the time the fix is to go up one folder.  They are kind of tricky like that.  Works close to have an LDD project was created.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 5 of 7

I originally created the dwg, drew some alignments and networks and created shortcuts at that time. Co-worker went in and added some networks and hasnt been able to make the shortcuts. In fact the Data Shortcut line doesnt even display a directory listing for him, it just shows "[ ]" brackets,
Message 6 of 7

Go ahead and try to Set the Working Folder, UP one folder.  You might have to keep doing that until you have the correct directory.  Keep in mind the working folder will be the folder BEFORE the folder that was created when you created the Data Shortcuts.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 7 of 7

I'm having the same issue with Civil 3D 2015 on 2 Windows 7 Pro machines with projects on a server.

A co-worker created a set of drawings on the network location, with data shortcuts created from one drawing and referenced in another. If I open them, I can set a working folder, but can't set the data shortcuts project folder, the option is greyed out. I've tried setting the working folder one level higher, and as the data shortcuts folder itself, but no luck.

The shortcuts appear just fine in the referencing drawing, and if I edit in the source drawing they change in the other one. I just can't access the shortcuts to add new ones.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report