Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcuts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tonyo-gv
298 Views, 3 Replies

Data Shortcuts

I have a surface file that is 15,000KB in size.  I create a new drawing and reference the surface using data shortcuts and the new drawing file size is 198000KB....Why is it so much larger than the original surface drawing.  The referenced surface is the ONLY thing I have in the drawing.

Thank you

Tony O.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: tonyo-gv

What are you displaying in the two drawings?  If a drawing is displaying contours and you have PROXYGRAPHICS turned on then that file will be larger than one without them.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
tonyo-gv
in reply to: sboon

Steve,

You da man!  WOW! Big difference....now the file size is only 504 KB....I'm doing back flips.... I guess I need to read up on those pesky Proxy Graphics. I just hope I don't have to turn those back on.

Thank you much for the fast answer.

Tony O.

Message 4 of 4
tonyo-gv
in reply to: sboon

Steve,

I also want other users to know that this is a very large 1380 acre site with a vertical elevation difference of 580 feet.

Once the PG's were turned off (0) it's like working on a flat 0.5 acre site. There are over 20 alignments and corridors.

Pretty big project.

I have read other posts where users have large files and are struggling... maybe this post will help them.

Thanks again.

Tony O.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report