Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcuts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
martin888888
284 Views, 1 Reply

Data Shortcuts

I created a new drawing in a project that already has a data shortcut folder created.  How do I attach to it?

What is the difference between "Set Working Folder" and "Set Data Shortcuts Project Folder"

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: martin888888

I could be off base but this is how I understand and utilize:

The working folder is the folder where your c3d projects reside. In my office we keep all our drawing project datat on the server which we use the virtual letter O:\, so I always say my working folder is the O:drive.

The data shortcut project folder is the folder where a specific civil3d project is: In my office that is the project root folder in the o:\

So when I create a new job I say the working folder is O: and the dS folder is the jobnumber folder in the o:, then I get created for me in each job folder a _shortcut folder with all the sub folders in it. Like this:

dsfolder.PNG

when I start a new drawing I go the the data shortcut node and pick set data shortcut project folder and browse the the job number folder in the o:\drive i need.

setprojfolder.PNG

Could be a better way, but this works for me

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report