Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcuts and Event Viewer Errors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eschey
825 Views, 2 Replies

Data Shortcuts and Event Viewer Errors

So here is the situation that I'm hoping you out there in the community can help shed some light on.

We are currently working on a roadway restoration / combined sewer separation project. We have engineers working in Civil 3D 2012 design files where they are setting up the sewer and storm pipe networks as well as the new roadway alignments and profiles. Our drafters are using data shortcuts to those design files to create our various sheet files. Pretty typical workflow so far, right?

The problem we are having is that since this is a roadway project, all of the station and offset callouts in the sheet files are based on the roadway centerline, but in the individual Civil 3D design files, the various storm and sewer structures are associated with their own alignments which only exist in that design file (we didn't create data shortcuts for them because we don't need them in the sheet files).

Now it's easy enough to re-associate a pipe network structure with a specific roadway alignment in the sheet files, but because the alignments from the original design file does not exist in the sheet files, we get a long list of errors in the event viewer stating something like "Reference alignment 'Alley 3 - North' not found in reference drawing".

Now I tend to ignore these warnings because it's no surprise and I know exactly why they are popping up, but there are others that are worried that all these warnings are slowing the drawing down and even causing them to crash because Civil 3D is somehow searching for these reference alignments and not finding them. 

Does anyone know if this type of error message and the situation I've described above would have any kind of adverse impact on the stability and performance of the individual sheet files? My understanding is that this is how Civil 3D is supposed to work, but others get nervous when they see 50 plus notification in the event viewer. 

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: eschey

A tricky, sticky, political situation you have there. Keep us posted as to your outcome.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
Steffy00
in reply to: eschey

Is this problem solved?  Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report