Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcuts Transfering Superelevation Data

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ksmith5
1136 Views, 2 Replies

Data Shortcuts Transfering Superelevation Data

Hi All,

I'm having problems getting superelevation data to transfer to different drawings by means of an alignment data shortcut.  I know alignments hold the superelevation data so I've gone into my alignments data shortcut, input my superelevation data, saved and closed.  Now when I open my finished grade drawing, reference in my alignment and profiles, then create a corridor from that information, my superelevation didn't transfer with the reference. I pulled cross sections and it appears is has no clue there is any superelevation data.  Also, I tried bringing it directly into the drawing I'm doing my corridors in and it errored saying I must be in the parent alignment drawing.  Anyone have any ideas? Data shortcuts are pretty much useless to me if superelevation data doesn't transfer. 

Thanks,

Kevin

64 bit Windows 7

Intel Xeon (R) @2.8GHz

6.00GB Ram

Civil 3D 2012

Civil 3D 2016
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1603 v3 @2.80GHz
16GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional
64-bit OS
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: ksmith5

I've just tested this.  I was able to create an alignment with superelevation, and then data reference it into a second drawing.  I then checked that the superelevation parameters were available in the second file and added superelevation labels.  I also created a simple corridor and confirmed that it is using the superelevation.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
ksmith5
in reply to: ksmith5

It's amazing what good a night of sleep and  a fresh brain does.  You were completely correct that the superelevation data transfered with the data shortcut.  It was a problem with the assembly.  Thank you for your help.

-Kevin

Civil 3D 2016
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1603 v3 @2.80GHz
16GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional
64-bit OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report