Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcut XML error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ltithecott
286 Views, 1 Reply

Data Shortcut XML error

An error dialogue box appears whenever we open drawings containing data shortcuts.  (see attached image.)  The projects effected are all new ones (running 2013), and didn't always have this error.  We are not running from an XML file which makes things all the more curious.  The error appears at start up, and there is one dialogue box for each data shortcut.  Though is states that another file is open, we have tested it, and the error appears even when none of the project drawings are open.  

The data shortcuts are still syncing and up to date, but we are stumped as to why this is happening. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

DS error.PNG

Lindsay

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jay_B
in reply to: ltithecott

There can be issues with special characters in the naming of Shortcuts. I'm only seeing a dash - in your path shown but I avoid using dashes, so not sure if that's the culprit. Underscores aren't a problem, it's the only special character I've used for shortcut names, IMO they are best avoided.

The shortcut path / name also has a character limit of 256 characters.

See this Being Civil post for more info.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report