Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Referenced Profiles bring in multilpe copies of Alignment

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
randoshadow
794 Views, 7 Replies

Data Referenced Profiles bring in multilpe copies of Alignment

Has anyone had this issues...

I have a design file that has and alignment with 3 profiles (one surface profilke and two layout profiles)

All these are data referenced to the project. Then they are data referenced into a new file. I bring in one of the profiles that brings in the alignment. Lets call it "Main Street". Then I create another reference to another one fo the profiles and it brings in a copy of an alignment and calls it "Main Street (1)"

This is a pain because I cant get a profile view to show all the profiles because the profiles are associated with three different alignments "Main Street", "Main Street(1)", "Main Street(1)(1)"

This is only happening with one of the of the alignments. The other alignment has all its profiles listed under one alignment.

ANy idea why this is happening?

Thanks,

Randy

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SethHall
in reply to: randoshadow

Hi Randy-

I am working on a similar issue for a user at the moment, and I was unable to reproduce this behaviour in tutorial drawings. You say this only happens with one alignment, and the other alignments in the drawing work as expected? What happens if you delete the Shortcut for that specific alignment and recreate it, do you get different results?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 8
grantc
in reply to: SethHall

I had the same problem yesterday hapeened on 3 out of 5 alignments I did an  undo and imported the profiles in first and that brought the alignments in and it seemed to work fine Im running C3D 2010 version 4

Message 4 of 8
randoshadow
in reply to: SethHall

I have removed the shortcuts and recreated them, i have actually deleted the profiles and recreated them in a profile. I have done everything short of starting from scratch. I would be farely simple to just start over on the profiles but I have a very complext corridor using the alignment as a baseline that is stopping me from just starting over

Message 5 of 8
mike.monical

Has any progress been made on this issue? 

I am having the same issues with several alignments.

The fix of deleting all data shortcuts for that alignment and starting with the design profile reference appears to work to fix the issue.  This is not a good fix as you loose any customization work you may have had for the alignment.

Does anyone know what causes this?  How to avoid it?  A better work around?

Thanks for any tips you may have.  I have 10 more sheets to do and hope to find a better way.

Mike

Message 6 of 8
mike.monical
in reply to: mike.monical

This appears (in my 2012 drawings) to be a bad data ref.  Deleting the data refs and recreating the data ref resulted in no problems with duplicating the alignment definitions.

Message 7 of 8
wdbar

I've had luck in the past by modifying the data shortuct with the data reference editor to make the shortcut read 'name only' and then re-establishing the data reference.  

Message 8 of 8
miro.bos
in reply to: wdbar

I had the same issue. I was able to sove it by lining the alignment in the sourse file to the alignemnt in the sheet file through the "ManageDataShortcuts" command. I am using Civil 3D 2016 SP1.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report