Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Reference issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sfore
501 Views, 5 Replies

Data Reference issue

What is causing my EG Data Reference Surface to disappear on screen and Profile goes to crap?  I've noticed this twice on same project in separate drawings.  If I go to Toolspace and syncronize then it appears back on screen. 

First dwg:  I created a Pump Station Site Plan and data referenced in my surface and pipe network.  I save and close then reopen and EG is gone until I syncronize.

Second dwg:  I created a Railroad Crossing Exhibit showing plan and profile.  I data referenced in my surface and pipe network.  Same thing...save, close, reopen and I have to syncronize it to have plan and profile to appear ok.

This isn't good when I have .dsd files that I typically plot my drawing package from.  I sent multiple sets of drawings to the plotter and all my Pump Station Site Plans were missing the surface contours.  For this sheet, I had to syncronize and send separate plots just to have contours appear.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: sfore

Do you also have the pipes source drawing Xref'ed into those drawings?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
doni49

Some time ago, there was a thread in which someone indicated that he had experienced an issue requiring his EG surface to be manually sync'd each time he opened a dwg file that referenced it.  He said that he had reported it to Autodesk tech support and they had confirmed it as a bug.

I *THINK* that was in February maybe.  I remember because I was having the same problem and ran across that thread.  I haven't had the problem for the past several months -- maybe the SPs that have been installed fixed the issue?  I'm using SP4.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 6
sfore
in reply to: Jeff_M

Yes.  See att'd pic of how my drawings flow regarding Xref's and Dref's.

Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M

OK, you will need to have your pipe network in a drawing that does not get Xref'ed into any drawing that needs it Dref'ed. A real PITA, but it's how everything from C3D2012 sp2 on works. IMHO something is broken, but Autodesk is not fixing it for whatever reason. My workflow now is similar to yours, except I have a separate pipes dwg which has the design dwg xref'ed as an overlay, then the pipes dwg is xref'ed into the design dwg as an overlay. Then my pipes are only Dref'ed into the Production/Output drawings while the design dwg is xref'ed and any other Dref items added.

EESignature
Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M

For more on this, see THIS thread.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report