Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Band at wrong station

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
troma
280 Views, 3 Replies

Data Band at wrong station

Hi.

A coworker who is no longer with us set up the data band styles & settings in our template, and they were working fine in 2011.  Then, on a new job in 2011, I encountered this problem.  I gave up.

Now I'm working in 2013.  The template was brought forwards, so it's the same settings, and I'm hitting the same problem as before.  The difference is this time I'm working on a really long profile, and I really really want the bands to work.

Here's the problem.

data band stations.PNG

The ones I checked in blue are not part of the data band.  They are profile view labels, and they show the correct stations.

The ones circled in red are the data band.  As you can see I need to work on my gap settings, but that's not my problem.  The problem is the location of these labels.  There is indeed a PVI at station 1+165, but the label is 40m away from that station!  I don't know where to start digging to find the setting to tell that label to move 40m to the right, and tell 1+135.86 to move 20m to the right.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: troma

This is a case where seeing the actual dwg would probably be a big help.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
troma
in reply to: Jeff_M

You know, getting a drawing ready for posting is always a good diagnostic proceadure.  I figured out that the label was attached to the start of the segment, but labelling the end of the segment.  The 40m gap was the distance from one PVI to the next.  I don't know how it got changed: it was working fine before.  And my persistant queery about feature lines applies here too: why can't we just label verticies?  Why does everything have to label the start or end of a line segent, when I want to label the vericies?

The drawing I'm attaching is one I made from scratch for the purpose.
I have a secondary question.  I made the change in the label style so it attaches to the end of the segment.  But if you look closely at this drawing, you will see that not all PVIs are labelled.  The first one has a vertical line, but no label.  The last one has a label, but no vertical line.  The middle ones are fine.

Any suggestion here?  Thanks.

Mark Green

Message 4 of 4
troma
in reply to: troma

I solved the last problem by creating a band in the "Profile Data" family and labelling the vertical geometry in there rather than in the "Vertical Geometry" family.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report