Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG never opens, and won't recover

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
253 Views, 6 Replies

DWG never opens, and won't recover

Well, here I am with my sad tale of woe. Loaded C3D yesterday at lunch. Copied LDT 2004 project folder from server onto local hard drive. Built Surface, Alignment and Profile last night. Attempting to show off the "Wows" to a coworker at the moment, and the DWG file I used last night won't Open or Recover. Open gets to 87% and locks up. Recover gets to the salvaged database echo and stops. Any clues? TIA -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D/LDT 2004 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The Ways of the Work-Around... Created a new DWG file. XREF the belligerent file. Bind and Insert the XREF. Allowed me to access the alignment and surface and profile, but only the surface shows up properly in Prospector. It doesn't know it has an Alignment or Profile or Profile View under Site. Have performed defrag, and wll perform Check Disk on leaving work tonight. So my coworker and I had the chance to wonder at the wisdom of the programmers of putting all the eggs in one basket. Maybe Himanshu will take note, and offer some advice. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D/LDT 2004 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:417eef25$1_1@newsprd01... Well, here I am with my sad tale of woe. Loaded C3D yesterday at lunch. Copied LDT 2004 project folder from server onto local hard drive. Built Surface, Alignment and Profile last night. Attempting to show off the "Wows" to a coworker at the moment, and the DWG file I used last night won't Open or Recover. Open gets to 87% and locks up. Recover gets to the salvaged database echo and stops. Any clues? TIA -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D/LDT 2004 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Create a couple sites - delete them from the Prospector. You'll never get back in the drawing... sm -- Scott McEachron The D.C. CADD Company "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:417eef25$1_1@newsprd01... Well, here I am with my sad tale of woe. Loaded C3D yesterday at lunch. Copied LDT 2004 project folder from server onto local hard drive. Built Surface, Alignment and Profile last night. Attempting to show off the "Wows" to a coworker at the moment, and the DWG file I used last night won't Open or Recover. Open gets to 87% and locks up. Recover gets to the salvaged database echo and stops. Any clues? TIA -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D/LDT 2004 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Scott, I am not able reproduce this issue. Have you created any data within the Sites? Any additional steps would be helpful. thanks, Dan Philbrick Autodesk, Inc. "scott mceachron" wrote in message news:417f0c81$1_1@newsprd01... Create a couple sites - delete them from the Prospector. You'll never get back in the drawing... sm -- Scott McEachron The D.C. CADD Company "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:417eef25$1_1@newsprd01... Well, here I am with my sad tale of woe. Loaded C3D yesterday at lunch. Copied LDT 2004 project folder from server onto local hard drive. Built Surface, Alignment and Profile last night. Attempting to show off the "Wows" to a coworker at the moment, and the DWG file I used last night won't Open or Recover. Open gets to 87% and locks up. Recover gets to the salvaged database echo and stops. Any clues? TIA -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D/LDT 2004 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

"Don Reichle" wrote in message news:417eef25$1_1@newsprd01... >Copied LDT 2004 project folder from server onto local hard drive. >Built Surface, Alignment and Profile last night. >Attempting to show off the "Wows" to a coworker at the moment, and the DWG file I used last night won't Open or Recover. Open gets to 87% and locks up. Recover gets to the salvaged database echo and stops. Don, Your sig seems to indicate that you're using C3D 2004, is that correct? Could you please compress and attach the DWG file so we can take a look at it? Ofcourse, any details such as what operations you performed during your session might help. Can you reproduce the problem if you start again from your LDT data? Thanks. -- Himanshu
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I would be glad to send it in, but it exceeds the maximum allowed on the NG. It's almost 11MB. Can you email me direct and provide an address capable of accepting this size ZIP file? -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D/LDT 2004 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "H Gohel" wrote in message news:417fac50_3@newsprd01... > > "Don Reichle" wrote in message > news:417eef25$1_1@newsprd01... > >>Copied LDT 2004 project folder from server onto local hard drive. >>Built Surface, Alignment and Profile last night. > >>Attempting to show off the "Wows" to a coworker at the moment, and the DWG > file I used last night won't Open or Recover. Open gets to 87% and locks > up. > Recover gets to the salvaged database echo and stops. > > Don, > > Your sig seems to indicate that you're using C3D 2004, is that correct? > Could you please compress and attach the DWG file so we can take a look at > it? Ofcourse, any details such as what operations you performed during > your > session might help. Can you reproduce the problem if you start again from > your LDT data? > > Thanks. > > -- > Himanshu > >
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hey Himanshu; On attempting to open the now 12MB DWG file: it gets to 37%; the Hard Drive goes nuts; chews up the Pagefile and spits it out (peaks at 2.06GB); and crashes C3D. That's after running a Check Disk last night. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D/LDT 2004 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "H Gohel" wrote in message news:417fac50_3@newsprd01... > > "Don Reichle" wrote in message > news:417eef25$1_1@newsprd01... > >>Copied LDT 2004 project folder from server onto local hard drive. >>Built Surface, Alignment and Profile last night. > >>Attempting to show off the "Wows" to a coworker at the moment, and the DWG > file I used last night won't Open or Recover. Open gets to 87% and locks > up. > Recover gets to the salvaged database echo and stops. > > Don, > > Your sig seems to indicate that you're using C3D 2004, is that correct? > Could you please compress and attach the DWG file so we can take a look at > it? Ofcourse, any details such as what operations you performed during > your > session might help. Can you reproduce the problem if you start again from > your LDT data? > > Thanks. > > -- > Himanshu > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report