Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DROPBOX / CLOUD ISSUES WITH C3D, VAULT OR LDD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ActiveEarth
726 Views, 2 Replies

DROPBOX / CLOUD ISSUES WITH C3D, VAULT OR LDD

We are considering going to a system like dropbox which uses "cloud" technology. We have a  few people that work from different places and we are looking at this as an alternative to have a server. Has anyone used this? Are the=ir any issues with vault, or ldd projects or xref files? Any input on this would be greatly;y appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ralstogj
in reply to: ActiveEarth

Hi

I have been using dropbox for a couple of years now to keep my custom Autocad code and settings between my work pc and home laptop

in sync. I just have everything in a common folder and have that copied upto dropbox.

There is one issue in that the local dropbox folder can not sit on a network drive(this may of been updated) so you have to use synctoy or something similar to sync between the local dropbox folder and the network folder.

I decided to use drop box after looking at other cloud products as it supports a lot more file formats. and dwgs work with out zipping them.

have not looked into doing xrefs with in the dropbox folder but single dwg files are fine.

Regards

Justin Ralston

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 3
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: ralstogj

I use Dropbox to sync files between the home, laptop, office, and remote office...

I've even opened drawings off the drop box and shared them among collegues...

I would be concerned with the sync if you are sharing and working on similiar files...

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report